Friday, August 10, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my adventure. Joining the Peace Corps has been a dream of mine for well over 10 years. It's finally coming true. I ship out on 9/28, headed for Philadelphia, and then off to the Ukraine on 10/01/07 until 12/21/09.

I'm in group 33 (if that means anything to you), and I'll be doing Teacher Training. From what I've determined, people with Bachelor's degrees teach EFL, and people with Master's degrees teach English teachers. Hmmmm. Interesting.

Right now I'm gearing up for going. I'm moving out of my apartment and in with my parents for a month. From there I'll be doing my Ukraine packing. Right now it's just put things in boxes and sort it out later. I'm also realizing I have TOO MUCH STUFF!!! heh I have to do some important paperwork this weekend--like send off for my passport, finish my resume, send in my statement.

One more week left of work (well, I told them I 'd help out for three days after that). Then PACK PACK PACK.

Again, welcome. This blog will ONLY be updated with items pertinent to Ukraine and the Peace Corps, so posting here will be minimal until the end of September.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi! I'm in group 33 too! Let's talk! If you have AIM, my screen name is Rach1185. If no, my e-mail is rachg@umich.edu.