Friday, November 23, 2007

10.14.07 poop

I'm not as mature as you'd think.

Today I helped my host mom make borsch. Well, she made it and I watched, wrote down directions and took pictures (recipe to follow!!!). Part of the process is making chicken broth, which involved chopping up a whole chicken into about five or six sections and boiling it in a pot of water and skimming off the scum. While she was stirring it up I noticed something funky--it was a part of the chicken that looked green. I pointed at it and she said "poop."

I'm totally not kidding.

A smile involuntarily erupted on my face and I said "Poop?" trying to hold back laugher. She said it again "POOP." and then pointed at my belly and said "JULIA POOP".

That's when I lost it.

I started laughing and couldn't stop. She started speaking in Russian and her speech was riddled with Poop. This was how it sounded to me:

"ajigojaijgPOOPjaiojigoajPOOPjapogijpsPOOPajogaiopPOOP."

At this point I was bent over and tears were streaming out my eyes and I was practically convulsing with laughter every time she said POOP.

Turns out POOP means belly button, but when talking about Chickens, it means the stomach.

No comments: