Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Diva Cup

Shhh this isn't something women are supposed to talk about! BUT, let's talk about it anyway.

Going to less populated places, or foreign countries, it can be really difficult to find the feminine hygiene product you favor (you are welcome to stop reading now:). I got around this by having my parents send me Insteads, which have been my preference for years now.

Having someone send you products like these that you use on a regular basis isn't very practical. Not to mention expensive. Also, being a Seattle girl, I do have some green guilt, and thinking about all those products ending up in a landfill is really distressing.



Introducing the Diva Cup! :) It's reusable, simple, and clean. You can wear it up to 12 hours no problem. You don't throw anything away, just wash and reuse. I had wanted to get mine for Peace Corps but I never got around to it. Now that I'm going to Korea I finally splurged and got it. $40 for an entire year. I can't believe I didn't get this earlier.

UPDATE: 10/20/10
I am extremely happy with my Diva Cup. It's sometimes a hassle boiling it after use, and if you're living with a host family that can be EXTREMELY difficult. Some of these issues are discussed here:

No comments: